Right now, I wear fake glasses and a fake crucifix. They're fake because I have perfect vision and don't believe in the resurrection of Jesus.
So I'd like to call myself a poseur, but I don't know if I've made an art of my pretention yet. Also, I have something taken from fullyramblomatic.com here:
4/3/2003: Are You Pretentious?
- Do you never admit to liking new songs because they're generally created by samey sugary pop bands thrown together by evil capitalist record producers to bleed money from the vital 8-14-year-old schoolgirl demographic?
- Do you object to wearing designer labels, and usually only wear black?
- Are there any trenchcoats, poloneck jumpers, berets or round dark glasses in your wardrobe?
- Are you prepared to pay exorbitant prices for frothy coffee beverages just so you can be seen to sit around drinking it?
- Do you never watch TV?
- Do you watch TV, but complain about it incessantly?
- Do you read obscure news journals because of a deep mistrust for mainstream newspapers?
- Do you run a website?
- Are you genuinely convinced that lots of people read your website and think it's marvellous?
- Do you try to avoid using Microsoft products?
- Do you frequent any Internet messageboards where topics on the subject of religion or politics drag on for several hundred posts?
- Would you gleefully describe yourself as an 'agnostic atheist'?
- Do you have few friends?
- Do you not care that you have few friends?
- Do you try to work dogmatic excuses into almost everything you refuse to do, eg. 'I don't want to vacuum the carpet because vacuum cleaner manufacturers are evil capitalists'?
- If the people you live with were about to go bowling and you wanted to go but were in a bad mood for some reason, would you refuse to go just so people would realise that you are in a bad mood?
- Are you a published writer, or trying to be published?
- Do you try really hard to have a negative opinion of all Hollywood films and novels by extremely popular authors?
- Is the word 'mainstream' for you a byword for 'rubbish'?
- Do you admire Neil Gaiman?
- Are you Neil Gaiman?
If you answered 'yes' to any of the above, then congratulations! You're pretentious! If not, then I'm afraid you're just a boring normal nobody. Look on the bright side, though. At least you'll never be alone.